Do you dread going to family events?
Do you have a hard time saying "no" to unreasonable demands by your parents?
Are you caught in the middle between your current family and your parents?
When we get married and start a new family, we are supposed to make our new family the center of our life.
This transition requires an adjustment in how we relate to our family of origin. That adjustment is often fraught
with confusion, conflicts, frustrations and guilt..
Many partners end up feeling resentful, angry and hopelessly entangled in the web of
fears of catastrophic consequen- ces at the prospect of asserting oneself, and bruised egos.
In individual therapy you will learn:
1. How to decide when expectations are reasonable and when they are not
2. How you can handle them in either case
3. Why you are having difficulties deciding whom you need to "defend"
4. How to establish boundaries and maintain them
5. How to prevent being "triangulated" (caught in the middle) by either spouse or parents
For more information or to make an appointment, please call 305-281-6323 or email me by Clicking Here