Couples/ Relationship Therapy
A. Imago Relationship Therapy (IRT)
Pre marital counseling
Deepening and enhancing good marriages/ committed relationships
Restructuring and "saving" ailing marriages/ committed relationships
When we fall in love, it's supposed to be forever. We meet the person of our dreams and a magical transformation takes place within us. We feel alive, whole, connected to the world and the people in it. Then, before we know it, that magical feeling disappears. Disillusioned, our dreams shattered, we begin to feel angry and betrayed.
We, then, try to coerce our partners into giving us what we need. We criticize, we withdraw, we shame, we blame, we intimidate, we cry. Some of us go on locked in
this painful power struggle for years, until we either break up or seek help, desperate to regain the magic we once had.
Romantic love is the way our unconscious seeks to restore the feelings of joyful aliveness we felt as a child. In pursuit of this goal,
we unknowingly seek relationships with people who emotionally resemble our primary caretakers in, both, positive and negative
ways -- we call this finding our "Imago Match". The term "Imago" actually comes from the Latin word for 'image'. Even though our
caretakers have both positive and negative qualities, it's the negative qualities that interfere in our relationship.
When we remain unaware of the hidden agenda of romantic love, we keep on making the same mistakes. We need to understand that conflict is actually growth trying to happen. By resolving our problems through the Imago Dialogue, the emotional bond initially created by romantic love can evolve into the powerful bond that is real love. Imago Therapy creates a sacred space for healing and growth that can lead to the relationship of your dreams!
In couple therapy you will learn:
1. Why you chose your partner and why your partner chose you
2. What stops you from getting what you need in the relationship
3. What makes your communications ineffective
4. Why safety is crucial in a relationship and how to achieve it
5. How to become a more attentive, present and attuned listener (receiver)?
6. How to become a better, softer, more focused sender
7. How to ask your partner for a behavior change
8. How to reduce defensiveness in the relationship
9. How to express anger constructively
10. How to rediscover the romantic part of the relationship
11. How to appreciate and validate each other, deeply
12. How to become more empathic
13. How to turn the frustrations in the relationships into gifts
14. How to recapture passion in the relationship
15. How to give unconditional gifts to your partner
For more information or to make an appointment, please call 305-251-8609 or email me by Clicking Here